Having released his second album, “Memory Box”, Lee has his sights set on the future. Aspiring to reach the greatness of artists like Tame Impala, Israel Nash, Father John Misty, and Neil Young, he started learning to play the guitar when he was eight years old. Twelve years later, he's also playing in a few other bands in the Austin scene.
Coming from an instrumental metal background, Lee talked about his new direction in music: "I felt like I was lying to myself trying to write a follow up to 'Death Riders'. I still love all the heavy music, and will definitely get back to it at some point, but right now I'm really enjoying writing more mellow stuff".
“When it comes to describing young Lee Chavez. I must use a word I usually save to describe myself. BADASS!
This young man is destine to be a guitar hero. His abilities far extend what you would think his year’s would allow. His playing hard to define. As his influences are mass. His open minded styling, lending him to many different sounds. As well as genre jumping. Keep your eye on this kid or should I say. Keep your ear on him. You’re sure to hear from him in the near future.
I’m BIGDADRITCH of Texas Hippie Coalition & I approve this message. ” – Big Dad Ritch, Texas Hippie Coalition
The Alpha Team’s Story (EP) – July 12th 2011
From Me to You (Single) – March 9th 2012
Goodnight, Goodmorning (Single) – February 18th 2013
The Labyrinth of Suffering (Album) – December 17th 2013
Death Riders (EP) – May 27th 2014 – (The Deluxe Edition has since sold out as of 7/29/14.)
Thank You For Everything (EP) – March 17th 2015
Memory Box (Album) - November 4th, 2016
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A brief list:
- The Bone – Deep Ellum, TX
- The Door – Deep Ellum, TX
- Sugar Creek Art Center – Thorntown, IN
- Live at Phil’s – Arlington, TX
- Double D Ranch – Balch Springs, TX
- The Roxy Art’s Fest, Pioneer Oaks Shopping Center – Balch Springs, TX
- The Stage on Sixth – Austin, TX
- Juniors Bar and Grill – Round Rock, TX
- Silo Elevated Cuisine – San Antonio, TX
- The Chuggin’ Monkey – Austin, TX
- The Brass Tap – Round Rock, TX
- Red Eyed Fly – Austin, TX
- Headhunters – Austin, TX
- The Broken Spoke – Austin, TX
- The Dirty Dog Bar – Austin, TX
- Poor David's Pub - Dallas, TX
- Voodoo Doughnuts - Austin, TX
For just about any event you have on the horizon, I'm ready to suit your live music needs:
- Light Jazz (Guitar)
- Instrumental Rock/Pop Variety (Guitar)
- Jazz/Rock/Pop Instrumental Variety (Piano)
- My Original Music (Full Band)
Guitar - $50/hr
Piano - $65/hr
(If you would like a full band, please use the contact page to discuss your event)
Free Guitar Lessons
The content on this page will always be free, and available for anyone to access and learn from. If you have anything specific you want to learn, please use the contact page!
Diminished Lick #1
Inspired by season five of "House of Cards".
Diminished Lick #2
Born from noodling around one day.